Tree Care Wellington
Mulching is one of the most beneficial practices tree owners can use for optimal tree health. However, improper mulching materials and practices may have little, or even negative, impacts on the trees in your property. Arb Innovations can provide premium organic mulch for your trees and gardens.
Benefits of Proper Mulching
- Helps reduce soil moisture loss through evaporation
- Helps control weed germination and growth
- Insulates soil, protecting roots from extreme summer and winter temperatures
- Can improve soil biology, aeration, structure (aggregation of soil particles), and drainage over time
- Can improve soil fertility as certain mulch types decompose
- Inhibits certain plant diseases
- Reduces the likelihood of tree damage from aboitic factors such as ‘weed whackers’ and lawn mowers
- Gives planting beds a uniform, well-cared-for look
Trees growing in a natural forest environment have their roots anchored in a rich, well-aerated soil full of essential nutrients and soil microorganisms. The soil is blanketed by leaves, organic materials, and living organisms that replenish and recycle nutrients. This environment is optimal for root growth and mineral uptake.
Urban landscapes and new developments, however, are typically harsher environments with poor quality soils, reduced organic matter, and large fluctuations in soil temperature and moisture. Applying a 5- 10-cm layer of organic mulch can mimic a more natural environment and improve plant health.
Arb Innovations can provide organic mulch for your trees, fill out the form to order your mulch today.
- 9m3 (full truck) $175+gst (delivered within Wellington area, Wellington, Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt, Porirua)